New Mexico Wild is seeking an experienced and energetic professional to expand our communications capacity. The position will be responsible for advancing organizational conservation goals and expanding, diversifying, and engaging supporters. Responsibilities include generating content and keeping current multiple websites and blogs; maintaining social media accounts, including content creation and curation; creating and managing digital marketing campaigns to meet program and fundraising goals in systems such as Facebook Ads Manager and Instagram; and designing graphics for social, web, and events; developing relationships with community partners to promote our services and events; and conducting monthly analysis of digital engagement strategies with recommendations to increase effectiveness.
New Mexico Wild is a statewide, non-governmental grassroots advocacy organization dedicated to conserving federal public lands in New Mexico. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of 3 years of communications experience; have excellent writing and editing skills; be proficient at website maintenance; and be adept at social media. Experience with non-governmental organizations; political campaigns; issue advocacy; and/or land conservation a plus. Bilingual highly desired. Full-Time Exempt position. Reports to Deputy Director. Albuquerque office location preferred. Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
New Mexico Wild is an equal opportunity employer and actively works to ensure fair and equal treatment of its employees regardless of differences based on culture, socioeconomic status, race, marital or family situation, gender, age, ethnicity, religious beliefs, physical ability or sexual orientation. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Digital Communications – Job Description
GOALS: The Digital Communications Coordinator is responsible for refining and implementing a communications strategy to increase the public visibility of the New Mexico Wilderness Alliance. The Digital Communications Coordinator will work with staff to deliver coherent digital messaging across all conservation campaigns. The position will manage all digital communications including advocacy platforms, websites, blogs, and social media channels. This person is also a member of the Advancement Team and works in collaboration with this team to create content for organizational fundraising.
Activities and Responsibilities:
- Manage and implement communications plan, with special attention to New Mexico Wild’s brand and advocacy efforts.
- Produce public outreach and campaign materials, including digital engagement and action alerts.
- Maintain and update content of websites, including fundraising pages and campaigns.
- Develop and implement social media content and strategies that engage a broad audience, and
- Conduct monthly analysis of digital engagement strategies with recommendations for improved reach and engagement.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of media and public relations experience
- Experience working with social media, advocacy and coordinating media relations
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills • Ability to manage multiple projects
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Has up-to-date knowledge on best practices for social media platforms, particularly Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Has skills in creating visually appealing and well-written blogs, social media graphics, and posts.
- Understands the use of social media and communications work for advocacy purposes.
- Degree in Communications, Journalism or English
- Knowledge of New Mexico Wilderness
- Bilingual- Spanish highly desired
- Skill with Adobe Creative Suite software a plus.
- Skills in website maintenance and updating, particularly on the WordPress platform, a plus
- Skills in creating, editing and posting short videos a plus.
- Stay abreast of best practices and available tools
- Consult and coordinate with counterparts and other professional communications experts and contractors as necessary.
- Provide strategy and budget recommendations to leadership
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.